Thinking About Joining Us
Learn More About Our Courses
- Access Courses and Fast Track Routes
- Animation and Illustration
- Art & Design and Fine Art
- Motorsport and Automotive Performance Engineering
- Biomedical and Medical Engineering
- Business Management
- Civil Engineering
- Community Development and Youth Work
- English and Creative Writing
- Crime and Criminal Justice
- Dental Technology
- Early Years and Childhood Studies
- Education and Teacher Training
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Fashion and Textiles
- Graphic Design
- Theatre and Performance
- Health and Social Care
- Sport, Sport Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy
- Mechanical Engineering
- Media and Photography
- Clinical Practice and Biomedical Science
- Film FX
- Social Work
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Special Effects and Make-Up
- Visual FX
- Sports Development and Coaching
- Fast-track to HE and Polymaths
- Medical Biology
- Paramedic Science
- Professional Practice
- Creative Industries
Support for New and Current Students
Are there any work placements on PGCE with QTS courses?
The Education and Teacher Training courses are written to the standards set by regulatory bodies such as the UK Department for Education. This ensures you gain the theoretical and practical skills needed to succeed in this sector, and transferable skills to other industries if you wish. Some PGCE courses may lead to other qualifications such as Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
We also offer a comprehensive employability support programme alongside our Careers Team to get you ready to apply for placements with externals, and our tutors are always happy to support our students development for careers in this area.
If you have any other enquiries relating to this you can contact the Education and Teacher Training Team to discuss, their contact details can be found at the bottom of the specific course page by searching the Education and Teacher Training subject area.
Alternatively, chat with our current students who will be able to share this information with you and any other course-related queries.
At the University of Bolton, we understand our students have different requirements and we pride ourselves on the positive and supportive learning environment we provide. Being voted No. 1 for Student Satisfaction for the past three years (Complete University Guide, North West) is a testament to our approach.
We are proud of our work on-campus to ensure our students can enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe, COVID-secure.